Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week Five/ Camping

We are about to do some traveling and camping. I thought I should share a few of the super easy throw together things I am bringing.


A loaf of good bread. GO high fructose corn syrup free. It's worth the money. I am bringing a loaf of sesame poppy seed five grain. Mmmm.

Pasta noodles. I'm bringing cavatapi.

Jar of pesto sauce.

pre sliced grape tomatoes

Pre sliced cheese. I'm bringing co jack.

Stick of butter.

Pre shredded Mexican style cheese.

Small can of authentic salsa casera: hot.

Can of organic black beans.

Pre cooked sauteed onions, garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms.

Big burrito size flour tortillas.

Pre made chicken salad. I'm using this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Holiday-Chicken-Salad/Detail.aspx

Peanut butter

Jelly

Baked potato chips

flat pretzels or crackers

pre made hummus

box of good granola bars. I'm bringing Cascadian Farms organic dark chocolate and almond.

fruit. bananas and apples travel well, and I have them already, so that's what I'm bringing.

coffee, sugar, water and percolator

This will make
two breakfasts for two people of fruit and granola with coffee
one lunch of grilled cheese and chips
one dinner of pesto pasta
one lunch of chicken salad sandwiches or wraps
one dinner of black bean and veggie burritos complete with cheese and salsa
snack of hummus and pretzels or crackers

I'm too busy packing to worry about writing out the rest for the week so you'll have to wait until we get back.

Have a Happy 4th of July!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment